(keitai-l) Re: Location based foo

From: Mika Tuupola <tuupola_at_appelsiini.net>
Date: 11/13/00
On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Heimo Laukkanen wrote:

> walking in a mall, you get messages from stores that fit into your
> profile and you have approved getting these sale-ads.

        This seems to be the usual way of people think about
        location based advertising. Personally I dont get why
        people would want adverts beebing from nearby grocery
        store when walking by.

        Call me a pessimist but I have the feeling location
        based advertising will be the next major flop. For
        location based _services_ I can see the need (locating
        emergency calls etc). However concentrating on when-
        a-person-arrives-on-nearby-premises-we'll-bombard-her-
        with-adverts approach is IMO doomed.

--
Mika Tuupola                      http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/