(keitai-l) Re: IM stupidity

From: <jason.c.freedman_at_ac.com>
Date: 11/15/00
Actually, their IM system is not closed (well, as I define closed) as
anyone can join for free and access it through any internet connection.
And email is not very instant compared with real time "chats".  Now the
implementation of IM on a phone is quite a challenge and if done poorly
would be more problems then it's worth.

Jason

            "M. David"
            <davidm1@hotmail.com>               To:     keitai-l@appelsiini.net
            Sent by:                            cc:
            keitai-l-bounce@appelsiini.n        Subject:     (keitai-l) Re: IM stupidity
            et

            11/14/2000 01:43 PM
            Please respond to keitai-l

I agree that IM is useless for a mobile which already has IM (email) and is
always connected, however it would be cool to know if your friend is on
their PC, so you can send them an IM- and AOL has a lot of these people (at
least in the US) on their (closed)IM system already -another walled garden?

David M