(keitai-l) network cmoparisons

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 11/25/00
Can anyone point me to a table that compares network protocols, esp looking
ahead to 3G and upcoming systems. A little similar to ren's matrix...

What are protocols/implementations/brands within:
	wcdma/umts/imt2000/is95/edge
Are these all 3G flavors?

Does GSM always run on TDMA? Is gsm itself actually a "protocol" or an
implementation, or what?

I understand GPRS is a 2.5G software upgrade to GPS systems... what is an
equivalent 2.5G for cdma?
I also heard i-mode uses gsm, but ATT is not gsm afaik. I understand ATT's
network is one of the few packet networks in the us but not sure what
protocol it uses.

This url may be useful to the group, it shows some network breakdown in
japan:
	http://www.wirelessweek.com/intl/apccfive.htm

I'll try and post a table of the info results.

Thanks!

/dc
david [dc] collier              ceo | Gamelet.com
                                e   | dc@gamelet.com
                                v   | 415-581-0990
Entertainment Marketing Technology  | http://www.gamelet.com