(keitai-l) Re: Keitai-based comparison shopping vs. the retailers (was: Re: Digital skin is IN!....)

From: <jason.c.freedman_at_ac.com>
Date: 11/27/00
Exactly!

I think that this will be a BIG business.  Not only services like
alibi.co.uk (which really exists - check it out) but also services like
selective call management (if the call is from your wife, let it through if
from your secretary go to voice mail, etc.).  Also, you should be able to
make this service work based on where you actually are, or

Jason

From: Michael Turner [mailto:leap@gol.com]

> Come to think of it, though, this all sounds like an excellent reason
> why it *won't* take off here, despite Japan being an
> excellent candidate
> for an early start, based on demographics and technology alone.

Maybe this is this is the point where you can buy a
comparison-shopping-jammer to counter the shop's own jammer. A
jammer-jammer(TM) so to speak. ;)

On a similarly frivolous note. If it is easy for companies/individuals to
track where someone is based on their phone, then sooner or later someone
will start offering location-masking services: want to pretend you're in
Osaka when you're really at the beach in Isu - no problem when you use the
location-masking-brokering-service.

Jan

must be something in the water