(keitai-l) unofficial docomo sponsored sites

From: M. David <davidm1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11/29/00
At a tech fair yesterday in Osaka I met with a rep from a Docomo sponsored
site / business called "imode cafe"- it was located in the imode booth. The
company used to be an imode cafe in Kyoto, but have now moved into
providing content in the form of "imode life" http://www.imc.ne.jp . A site
for college students to create virtual clubs, find friends etc.. When I
asked about their profit model, they said they were operating the site for
research purposes, so they were not charging fees nor had advertising.

Another site sponsored by docomo is imode-messenger, a greeting card
service.
http://www.imode-tokai.ne.jp/gr/

Does anyone else know of docomo sponsored contents which are in direct
competition with their official and unofficial sites?

David

http://iKaiwa.com
Japanese Mobile Contents Portal

CLICK!  http://ikaiwa.com/click/
Community for Linking Internet Companies in Kansai