(keitai-l) Re: NTT DoCoMo and AT&T

From: Gustaf Rosell <gustaf_at_xpedio.com>
Date: 12/04/00
At 16:11 2000-12-04 +0200, you wrote:

> > In terms of handsets, there is definitely a HUGE problem.
> > There are no
> > TDMA/CDPD handsets even in the minds of the engineers that could be
> > relevant for CHTML/colour screen services. So that is highly
> > unlikely.
> > Maybe when 3G becomes a reality. Or through AT&T's future
> > GPRS roll-out during late 2001, and if the handset manufacturers get
>it.
>

>Or, rather, handset manufacturer_ Nokia gets it. And they have, already.

Why do you think so? Nokia has not really been showing off in the GPRS or
the i-mode arena, to put it mildly...

Nokia's product development people have been dissmissing i-mode too long by
saying it's only a somewhat more advanced SMS service. They are out for me.

/g

http://xped.io | gustaf_at_xpedio.com | t +46 8 674 50 47 | m +46 70 916 4747