(keitai-l) Re: Question for the group:

From: Mika Tuupola <tuupola_at_appelsiini.net>
Date: 12/04/00
On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Zimran Ahmed wrote:

> I've recently been in correspondence with Andrew Odlyzko, a research
> scientist at AT&T Research. He has published a large and well researched
> paper on how pricing has historically influenced usage of communication
> technology. In particular, he says that:
> >Flat rates are the simplest form of pricing.  Although they have

	Interestingly Sonera in Finland is opening their gprs
	network for public this month. The initial pricing will be
	flat rate 99 fim per month (99 FIM = 1641.74 JPY, 14.83 USD).
	Although AFAIK the reason is not clever pricing but their
	inability to do billing per packet basis.

	(as a side note. I am personally confident they still havent
	learnt anything from the WAP incident and will have ridiculously
	high packet prices dropping out most of the possible users.)

--
Mika Tuupola                      http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/