(keitai-l) Re: feelH

From: Jani PATOKALLIO <jpatokal_at_iki.fi>
Date: 12/05/00
Nick May wrote:
> Could someone tell me what FeelH will use for markup? (html, chtml, hdml,
> mml?)
> also, when will we see imode phones with jpeg?

Err, what *is* "FeelH"?  I saw the marketing girliez in Shibuya the
other day but I thought they were just telling people to "feel H"
instead of Docomo's pansy "ai shiteru".

And I don't believe Docomo has yet announced what the next
iteration of cHTML will support, although I would very much like
to be corrected on this one.

> (I wonder what marketing genius came up with "FeelH"  - "H" being
> pronounced "etch" by my Japanese friends....)

Umm... the Roman capital letter H, produced "etchi", is shorthand
for "hentai" and is a common slang word for sex.  So while Docomo is
telling people to feel love ("ai shiteru"), DDI is telling people to
feel horny...  but of course H" is ejji, not etchi, so their
marketing people can profess ignorance about such things.

Cheers,
--
Jani PATOKALLIO / jpatokal@iki.fi / +81 90 7722 3557
Sanpo Laboratory, Mechano-Informatics Dept., University of Tokyo