(keitai-l) Re: feelH

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 12/05/00
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
>Err, what *is* "FeelH"?  I saw the marketing girliez in Shibuya the
>other day but I thought they were just telling people to "feel H"
>instead of Docomo's pansy "ai shiteru".

I think it is 128k PHS.....

(Sincere thanks for having taken the time to all the people on the list
who have emailed me privately with a detailed explanation as to the
meaning of the word "etchi" in Japanese.... It seems my original posting
was a little too subtle, I was not, in fact, requesting a translation,
though others on the list may have found one useful)

The link I had NOT made was with "ai shiteru"!

Now THAT IS good marketing. Use your competitor's slogan in a witty
implicit reference, but in a way that suggests your competitor is a wimp -
meanwhile slyly continuing the semi-explicit sexual theme that pervaded
DDI's early adverts (the lamb schoolgirls/ businessmen wolf ads - I
*THINK* H is DDI... )

So not just smut - sophisticated marketing smut.

When WILL the west get its act together and release "Randy Wap"....?

Nick