(keitai-l) Re: keitai-l Digest V1 #190

From: Zimran Ahmed <zimran_at_creativegood.com>
Date: 12/05/00
>Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 19:12:03 +0100
>From: Gustaf Rosell <gustaf@xpedio.com>
>Subject: Re: Question for the group:
>
>At 19:40 2000-12-04 +0200, you wrote:
>>On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Zimran Ahmed wrote:
>>
>> > I've recently been in correspondence with Andrew Odlyzko, a research
>> > scientist at AT&T Research. He has published a large and well researched
>> > paper on how pricing has historically influenced usage of communication
>> > technology. In particular, he says that:
>>
>>         Interestingly Sonera in Finland is opening their gprs
>>         network for public this month. The initial pricing will be
>>         flat rate 99 fim per month (99 FIM = 1641.74 JPY, 14.83 USD).
>>         Although AFAIK the reason is not clever pricing but their
>>         inability to do billing per packet basis.
>
>In Sweden Europoliatn has just launched. Somewhat confliciting pricing,
>mixing megabytes and minutes. Either $30 fixed (until April, the additional
>$2 per megabyte (?)) or $14 per megabyte.

great. it would be great if you could let us know which caught on. it
seems that $30 fixed would be more popular, even if the $14/Mbyte would
work out cheaper for many people.

zimran@creativegood.com
212.736.2075

Check out our new wireless whitepaper! Download it for free at:
http://www.creativegood.com/wireless