(keitai-l) Re: Portal

From: M. David <davidm1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12/11/00
Joost,

imode is the docomo phone service. It allows people to access both official
sites (docomo approved) on the imenu portal, and unofficial sites (others)
on the internet portal.
The 1st menu on my d502i phone looks like this (other models may have a
different order)
bookmarks
internet (unofficial)
memory bookmark (stored pages)
check messages
i-menu (official)

The imode menu is not stored on the phone, but is supposed to only be
available to docomo phones. (others on the list have found ways around
this..)

Hope this helps.

David

----------------------------------
iKaiwa.com    http://iKaiwa.com
Japanese Mobile Contents Portal

CLICK!        http://ikaiwa.com/click/
Community for Linking Internet Companies in Kansai

>Hi there,
>
>I wanted to know if DoCoMo is the only portal for i-mode or is it possible
>to access i-mode sites with your handheld using another portal and
therefore
>skipping the i-mode menu? And is the i-mode menu stored on the phone or
SIM