(keitai-l) Re: i-Mode to roam into US, Europe Q3 2001

From: Peter Bellew <peter_at_wapprofit.com>
Date: 12/12/00
Sony have two very flashy GSM handsets the Z5 and J5 that have the Microsoft
Mobile Explorer browser installed which allows you to look at html on a phone.
You can see and buy them ex contract at http://www.extele.com.  They display
approx. 70% of iMode content but obviously do not support many of the
individual features from the Japanese handsets.  They are fine for the mainly
text sites.

There is also a phone called the Benefon Q which is also very sleek and it can
be bought directly from an innovative company called Benefon.com.  They both
have a Microsoft Emulator available but we find it does not work very well.
The WAP functions on all three phones reject certain WAP sites that work on
other phones due to a strange part of the browser.  I have used all three
phones and they are excellent for voice and in general their displays are
superior to most other European/US handsets - but not upto the Japanese
standard.

Best regards
Peter Bellew
CEO, wapprofit
Tel:+3536439341
peter@wapprofit.com

"Eijkemans, Paul" wrote:

> Are there any GSM phones available supporting I-Mode technology?
>
> Paul

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: peter.vcf
-- Desc: Card for Peter Bellew