(keitai-l) Re: GFORT and E-707/gimcracks and whirlygigs

From: <Jan.Chipchase_at_nokia.com>
Date: 12/18/00
Brett,

> If I'm going to carry around a $400 brick, I'd at least want
> a larger TFT
> screen or any perceived benefit besides getting to untangle
> headphone wires
> each time I want to answer my phone.

I think you've missed some important points.

Sure, waiting an age for an MP3 file to download will limit the amount of
people to using this feature. However, the Memory stick interface allows
users to add music without downloading it direct to their phone. In user's
mindset Sony has positioned itself well for when faster connection speeds
are in place.

It is fairly typical (here in Japan) for personal stereos to be clipped to
clothing, or placed in a pocket, or with a remote, a combination of the two.
Phones are also often placed in a top pocket. If the user is listening to
music when the call comes through, an earpiece is already in place to hear
the call. No need to pick up the phone. From my understanding, the user can
speak into the remote unit.

It seems like one of the better examples applications converging.

Still, I look forward to be proved wrong. Time, and a 'little' marketing
from Sony, will tell.

Jan