(keitai-l) Re: FunMail patent?

From: Hämeen-Anttila, Tapio <Tapio.Hameen-Anttila_at_add2phone.com>
Date: 01/15/01
Hi,
My opinion is that patent pending means that they have filed patent
application, but it haven't handled yet, so it is not public. Some
countries, like Finland, Sweden etc gives some information about filed
applications, like who is filed, who is inventor and what is the name of
patent, but for example U.S.PTO wount give this kind of information.
Normally U.S.PTO handles this kind of technology patents under 2 years,
so maybe 2003 we know what was this invention.

When they have filed this application to U.S. PTO, they get date, when
they have filed it. Then they have one year to file it all other
countries and those applications will get same date than the first one.

Br, Tapio Hämeen-Anttila