(keitai-l) Email formats: J-Phone / i-mode docomo

From: Paul Johnson <pauljohnson___at_hotmail.com>
Date: 01/17/01
A tech question relating to email formats on a J-Phone and a i-mode phone.

Are they different ?

The reason I am asking is because I am currently creating an emergency paging webpage for our team on our intranet website and have run into a strange problem.

Basically I have a form which the related fields in,'from', 'to' , 'subject'.  I am using w3 Jmail (http://tech.dimac.net/isapiscript.dll?action=read&id=32490) as the email component.

My paging page works fine when I send messages to my i-mode phone (N502it).  It displays it like regular mail but when I send messages to my J-Phone (JP02) the message cannot be displayed and I get the error message '?:Invalid Message Text'.  If I sent a regular email from my email client here at work, the JP02 receives the message fine.  The charset for the email are set at default, ie. charset = us-ascii.

All a mystery to me...

Paul