(keitai-l) Re: (keitai-l)(Tech) Re: User Agent Redirection - performance

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 01/22/01
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
>Am I correctly understanding you can't redirect the P501 by means of
><META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="0; URL=whatever.html"> ?

Hello Norman-san...

Sorry - my terminology is a bit screwed up - what I mean is you can't do
transparent server side redirects using things like:

(in php)

... else {$locality = 'http://www.yourdomain.com/newurl';
header("Location: $locality");}

in the early docomo phones. (the P501) I THINK this worked ok in the 502it.

(In the browser, the url you typed in would be replaced with the new url
immediately...)

I am generally going to preface any techie type posts to the list with the
word "tech" in the title so that they can be safely ignored by people not
interested in that side of things....

regards

Nick