(keitai-l) Re: Vibration experiences wanted

From: Daniel Isenberg <d_isenberg_at_triangletech.com>
Date: 01/25/01
Jan
Vibe tones could be quite differentiated - long short long, or intermittent.
Strong weak is not the only dimension.  Duration and frequency, sequencing,
these are other dimensions (think of the example of morse code -
differentiation is easy).  No need to get carried away but 3-4-5-6 different
vibe tones are feasible.
Dan

> So I personally would very much appreciate differentiated
> vibration.  A low
> vibe mode for meetings, a high vibe mode for trains or cars
> (e.g.).

Would you really notice different kinds of vibration?  You might think for
example, that a soft vibration was caused by having a different shirt rather
than because of a different vibration. Maybe I'm just insensitive.

> If technically feasible, differentiated vibrations by incoming
> number (I have
> this for tones on my Nokia for certain programmed characters).

What to call such a feature? Vibe tone?

Jan