(keitai-l) Re: 503i price hunters

From: JAPON.NET <web_at_japon.net>
Date: 01/28/01
And Saturday registered the biggest snowstorm of the past decade in Tokyo.
All 5 cm. of it stopped people from going to the stores :-)

DoCoMo (and the others) are improving its distribution channels: The local
AMPM convini (ala 7-11) stocks the 503i from Friday, at the typical 29.800
price.

I wonder if for DoCoMo and J-Phone the contract conditions are different at
stores that carry the lower handset price. The BICcamera salesman was
telling me that while at his store one can cancel the contract anytime (ie.
in two months) other stores penalized those who canceled or changed to a
different handset within a few (10) months. Any info on this?

>29,xxx, seems to the Shinjuku standard price.
>25,xxx if you stray from the beaten track.
>Panasonic phones are priced marginally lower.
>
>/Andrew

My 01/17 take on the 503i:

>Opinionated rankings
>
>SCREEN Quality:
>1 NEC/SONY
>2 PANASONIC
>3 FUJITSU
>
>JAVA Speed:
>1 SONY
>2 NEC/FUJITSU
>3 PANASONIC

Panasonic must be working on improving its Java performance for the new
(foldable type) P503is

Vincent J. Luna, Director
--
JAPON.NET : Making Your Company Visible in Japan
web_at_japon.net   http://www.japon.net/web/

iMode Eye: Independent Source on Japan's mCommerce
http://www.japon.net/imode/