(keitai-l) Protocols on the handset? TCP? IP? SSL?

From: Benedict Evans <inherent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 01/29/01
Two questions:

1) What combination of protocols, exactly, go down to the handset from the
docomo gateway? IP? TCP? HTTP? SSL? i.e what's the layer in between PDC-P
and cHTML?

2) Follow-on: I know (at least, have heard) that the 503's have 128 bit SSL
on the handset. I've also heard that the previous handsets have 40-bit SSL,
but it's been suggested that this is only on the gateway. Does anyone have a
definitive answer on this? Will the new handsets have 128 bit SSL in toto,
or just for Java?

-Benedict Evans