(keitai-l) Re: Frustration makes way for...

From: Andrew Sandes <andrew_at_asiaentry.com>
Date: 01/31/01
Jamie wrote:

However in opting not to go the GSM route the Japanese lost out on the
chance to dominate other markets.

Jamie, in my experience if you look at the way Japanese products and
services are generally developed - they initially only really want to try
and dominate their own domestic market. For many products there is no desire
to move outside of the domestic market. Market domination at home is just
fine for all except the largest domestic success stories.

Obviously, to not go with a GSM infrastructure was a decision based more on
usability and service to Japanese domestic customers than trying to dominate
the world.

This is probably also why it has worked so well!

Andrew