(keitai-l) Re: keitai-l Digest V2 #27

From: James Governor <jgovernor_at_illuminata.com>
Date: 02/06/01
RE: funny americans, english and keitai envy.

OK - so Java is the thing. I read the keitai list every day but have not
really seen any discussion as to what these java-enabled phones can actually
do. there has been discussion about the cap on applet (midlet?) size. some
talk about programming techniques and so on. but for the benefit of a poor
"westerner", perhaps someone could describe what it is that we are missing.
I would appreciate it. what do these fabulous funky i-appli services look
like? and i don't mean what is promised for the future (don't fall into the
WAP/3G trap). what is java delivering now?