(keitai-l) Re: java development

From: Konrad Hernblad <konrad_at_pobox.com>
Date: 02/06/01
you might want to become familiar with sun's j2me first.  then check out
docomo's java imode spec (in japanese) to see docomo's implementation of
java/j2me.

with no java experience, it will be pretty challenging, but not impossible.
try getting an intro book to java and then looking at the j2me samples.
j2me is a subset of j2se, so there is not as much to know.  you might need
to know j2se on the server side though.

all the best!

konrad

At 23:31 01/02/06 +1100, you wrote:
>Hi guys.....
>I do web application work...... stuff with cold fusion, databases...SQL....
>
>would it be hard to develop java applications for the 503i with no java
>experience (aside from javascript)?
>
>Could anyone suggest some ways or sites with tutorials on how to program for
>the 503i/java.
>What development environments are out there?
>
>any help is appreciated.
>
>thanks
>chad
>

>[ Did you check the archives?   http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/ ]

HELP THE EARTHQUAKE VICTIMS IN INDIA (23,000+ dead; thousands injured)
http://www.redcross.org/news/inthnews/01/quakeindia0101.html
donate and make a positive difference in someone else's life and yours today.

(in japan, send donations to redcross via post office, acct#00110-2-5600; tell
the post office worker to write that the money is for the indian earthquake.)