(keitai-l) Re: Mobile Phones Must Die?

From: Josh White <josh_at_blackbrick.com>
Date: 02/07/01
> > PS - I definitely respect T9's ability to get installed on phones! T9 is
>
> Maybe it helps a little that T9 is fully owned by AOL.
> I could imagine that AOL lends some negotiation support :)

Tegis (makers of T9) claimed 90% world market saturation when they were
acquired by AOL.  http://www.t9.com/pressreleases/pr_aolacquisition.html  I
haven't been following their progress recently, so I don't know how AOL-Tegis
is faring.

The acquisition itself (Dec-99) was rather interesting. Why did AOL want
Tegis? Press release cites instant messaging software for phones. I guess that
isn't entirely unrelated to T9's strengths...but still, seems a rather odd
marriage to me.

-Josh