(keitai-l) Re: Basic English guide to developing iApplis

From: Jeudy, Olivier [AUDT] <olivier.jeudy_at_nssmb.com>
Date: 02/08/01
Thank you Zev, that's a great help you're providing here!
Just a few questions/comments:

8><-------------------------------------------------
>"It seems that my simple way of compiling actually used the fully Java
classes and thus inserted a few illegal classes in my classes."
8><-------------------------------------------------
Yes, I had the same problem. I guess that using the "-bootclasspath" command
can help getting rid of the unneeded J2SE classes.

8><-------------------------------------------------
>"I read on a mailing list a persons question about the other packages in
the i-jade jar file such as com.zentek.*, I would imagine that you should
only concern yourself with the com.nttdocomo classes since those are the
ones guaranteed to be in phone and also we have documentation, in Japanese,
on it."
8><-------------------------------------------------
Yes, I was the one asking the question. Actually, I am unable to read the
*.pdf files downloaded from the Docomo site (My Acrobat Reader must miss
some encoding/font files). Consequently, I am using the i503Engine *.html
documentation which provides incomplete specifications and includes
non-Docomo classes. Any help on the reading of Docomo's API's  would be
great (it seems I am the only one having these recurrent problems).

8><-------------------------------------------------
>(Docomo's classes) uses a subset of the Java API's java.lang,(...) and
javax.microedition.io
8><-------------------------------------------------
Ahah! Great piece of information since I can't read Docomo's *.pdf files. In
this case, what exact subset of java.lang & javax.microedition.io is Docomo
using? My understanding is that regarding:
-	java.lang: Docomo uses all the J2ME customized java.lang classes
plus the "UnsupportedOperationException" class.
-	javax.microedition.io: Docomo uses the original J2ME
javax.microedition.io (i.e: no addings, no modifications).
Is my understanding correct?

Anyway, Zev thanks again for the guide.

Olivier