(keitai-l) Re: Indexing dynamic pages

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 02/08/01
>	You can trick the searchengines to index those pages too
>	with some $PATH_INFO magic though. Just use '/' instead
>	of '?' and '&' in the url's. Later in the begining of
>	the dynamic page just split the $PATH_INFO to key+value
	pairs by the '/' character.

Yes - using this method you can give your imode and web sites EXACTLY the
same urls, right down the (virtual) directory structure for every page.
No more messing around with '/i/' directories and no need to use
redirects (which don't work on early phones)

Note though that if you use this method you can't use it with FreeBSD by
forcing it from a .htaccess file AFAIK (that's HOWEVER the apache config
file is set up). With Linux you can (assuming it is allowed as an
override in the apache config). I think.... (if you know different -
please let me know!)

However, the convenient thing about ? and & is that it almost guarantees
that the page will not be indexed - which is sometimes what one wants.

I wonder if google assumes that if a certain url is serving web content,
the same url cannot simultaneously serve imode content? That would be a
false assumption....

Nick