(keitai-l) Compiling IAppli

From: Jeudy, Olivier [AUDT] <olivier.jeudy_at_nssmb.com>
Date: 02/09/01
		>Zev: I hope that helps, and I am glad you found my site
useful!

		I think I got it. Thank you very much for the help. Since I
now can read the *.pdf files, I have all the Docomo specs.
		Just a little word on compiling IAppli:
		1. As you mention it, when compiling Iappli, the J2ME specs
must be used instead of the usual J2SE classes. This can be done easily in
the command prompt by using the -bootclasspath c:\j2mewtk\lib\midpapi.zip
(or whatever your path is) command in order to override completely the J2SE
classes.

		2. As you also mention it (sorry for repeating!): Docomo is
using both the J2ME classes AND the Docomo specific classes. The J2ME
classes are provided by sun microsystems and can be found at
http://java.sun.com/products/j2mewtoolkit/download.html
<http://java.sun.com/products/j2mewtoolkit/download.html>  . The Docomo
classes are to be found embedded in any IAppli emulator while their Japanese
only description is on the nttdocomo website (it is not completely true
actually since the i503 Engine emulator is also providing an explanatory
listing (html). This listing is, however, incomplete and misleading since it
contains additional proprietary classes not used by Docomo).

		3. Concerning the J2ME classes used by Docomo:
a.	J2ME's java.io.*, java.lang.* classes are used in their integrality
by Docomo.
b.	All J2ME java.util.*, javax.microedition.io.* classes are used in
their integrality with, however, the following (small) exceptions:
-	b.1 J2ME java.util.*: the TimerTask.class is not used by Docomo.
Additionally, java.util.* provides a class called "Timer.class". Docomo
provides a class with the same name under the ntt.docomo.io.* package
com.nttdocomo.util.Timer. This class is supposed to be used instead of the
java.util.Timer class in J2ME. Be careful to distinguish it in your code.
-	b.2 J2ME javax.microedition.io.* provides an interface called
"HttpConnection.class". Docomo provides an interface with the same name
under the ntt.docomo.io.* package. So, as above, make sure your code uses
the docomo "HttpConnection" version and not the microedition (J2ME) one.
		c. The remaining J2ME classes are not used by Docomo so
don't use them in your code! (The compiler will work fine but it will not
run on the keitais + emulators).

		Hope this helps.

		Olivier