(keitai-l) Re: Compiling IAppli

From: <ZBlut_at_excite.co.jp>
Date: 02/13/01
Hi Olivier,

I wanted to warn you of something.
The j2mewtoolkit is NOT the toolkit you want to be using for iAppli
development!  It is a toolkit that implements the MIDP profile and thus has
some APIs that you are mistaking as being part of the CLDC, inaddition to a
good mobile phone emulator that is similar to i-jade.
Mainly the inclusion of the Timer class in the java.util and the
HttpConnection class in the javax.microedition.io are additions made by the
MIDP profile and are not part of the CLDC, thus NTTDoCoMo does properly
implement the CLDC.  You can get just the basic toolkit of the CLDC at this
link
http://www.sun.com/software/communitysource/j2me/

and then select the CLDC option instead of the CDC or Foundation profile of
the CDC.

As for you first part, I thought I mentioned that the bootclasspath was
necessary, but thanks again for making it more clear!

> Oliver s comments
>Just a little word on compiling IAppli:
>1. As you mention it, when compiling Iappli, the J2ME specs
> must be used instead of the usual J2SE classes. This can be done >easily
in
> the command prompt by using the -bootclasspath
> c:\j2mewtk\lib\midpapi.zip
>(or whatever your path is) command in order to override completely >the
J2SE classes.

Happy coding!

Zev