(keitai-l) Re: billing and packet charges

From: Eijkemans, Paul <Paul.Eijkemans_at_ben.nl>
Date: 02/15/01
I would also like to turn it around. People are educated that the portal is
offering
them what they need, in a service-wide unified user interface, always near
where they
expect it.

In this regard, take notice of the transaction costs theory of Coase (1937)
and
revised by Williamson (1993). They argue that finding information,
negiotiating prices
etc, also costs money. Therefore, if you compare these costs with the small
amounts
people have to pay for content it sometimes is cheaper to take that what is
the most
easy for you to do and not go for the free content.

I hear a lot of bull saying that people won't pay for ringtones on their
portal
because they can get it for free on the Internet. Well, we are selling
wagonloads
of them just because people find it very easy to have it in the portal and
don't
want to spend time searching for them and rather pay a small amount for it.

Of course, the fact that we bill our customers seemlessly for this, helps!

Best regards,
Paul

The above does not necessarily represents the opinion of my employer.