(keitai-l) Re: DoCoMo MAGIC vision Re: billing and packet charges

From: Vittorio Nicolardi <vnicolardi_at_izogud.com>
Date: 02/19/01
> > What was interesting is the showcased
> > ASPs all use subscription models which operate outside i-menu. DoCoMo
was
> > interested in packet charges they receive from ASP clients not any cut
from
> > subscriptions.

This could limit a lot the kind of content that providers outside I-menu
will be able to offer.
If a standard rate is charged for packets sent and received by the users,
the cost of downloading
hi demanding content could be unbearable. Imagine how much would it cost to
download with the actual tariffs, 100 MB of  video (around 800.000 YEN, am I
right? seems too much to me :-))
DoCoMo will be probably able to change the rate the customers are paying
depending on the kind of content the client is buying (0.3 YEN per packet on
email, 0.0003 YEN per packet on video). This will be possible only for
providers with a strong relation with DoCoMo, maybe with the one listed on
I-menu...

This is not 2010, this could happen already with FOMA... (I wrote could
because depends on the business model DoCoMo is willing to apply)

Vittorio