(keitai-l) Re: DoCoMo MAGIC vision Re: billing and packet charges

From: Hubert Hung-Hsien Chang <hubert_at_4w1h.com>
Date: 02/19/01
On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Alexander Basil Chelico wrote:

> > Apart from some very slick video of a 2010 world with everyone using
> > semi-transparent DoCoMo devices, their 'MAGIC' vision seriously pushes
> > i-mode as an ASP business platform. What was interesting is the showcased
> > ASPs all use subscription models which operate outside i-menu. DoCoMo was
> > interested in packet charges they receive from ASP clients not any cut from
> > subscriptions.

The video clip I have seen about 'vision 2010' ( unless they have a new
one.) was in last year Sep. ( and I don't think I got a sneak preview, at
least I wasn't told.)

It involves family members communicating with each other while they are on
different places. Grand pop, grand mom, dad, mom and kids. From traffic
control and car diagnosis, to remote learning, digital newspaper, and
video conferencing. Virtual reality goggle, pedestrian remote sensing
devices on car, i-mode on your refrigerator :), ultra thin multimedia
screen with high color resolution.(scrollable, if I recall correctly.)
Small multimedia video device on your palm ( the size of  a cosmetics
box carried by women.)
Also another one is wireless collaboration, the story is about an
archeology discovering new 'digging' on site while discussing with other
scholars and researchers around the world.(with virutal screen and video.)

You are talking about this one? or something else?

All the best,

Hubert