(keitai-l) Re: i-mode phone, a drill down

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 02/20/01
Stuart MacDonald wrote:

> FYI: Another overseas article about imode - in case you haven't seen it -
> this time they seem to have it about right.
>
> http://www.mformobile.com/
> (you have to scroll down the page to imode diaries)
>
> Something I hadn't heard about imode usage was most usage is between
> 10pm-2am?

the peak is actually known more precise than that and has been for
5 years or longer for mobile phones and pagers (which are not very popular
any longer).

> Anyone here know where these stats could be from? Does that
> conform with the logs of the imode sites that some of you have out there?

these figures are well know in Japan. Actually, the peaks differ in time
between different systems, e.g. PHS, DoCoMo etc.

> If these stats are not genereally avalable it might be interesting to
> generate within the list perhaps? Collating averages of percentages of hits
> per day/per week day.... just a thought.

I don't think that will be very meaningful, since the people participating
in this list are not really representative of the whole imode industry.

Gerhard Fasol
http://www.eurotechnology.com/