(keitai-l) Re: Ask: average revenue for (official) content providers

From: M. David <davidm1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 02/22/01
>The flip side is that as a content provider you either need a significant
>number of subs or you need to be profitable at less than 1 Million US /
>year in revenue (tough model to win under).  If I were any large company I
>would find it very difficult to justify having this type of service (even
>Bandai isn't making THAT much money, only DoCoMo).

Relative to the overall size of Bandai the imode service is very small.
But most of these large character companies have a small group working on
the imode stuff so as far as profit/expenses they're probably very nice.

They also don't have the billing and distribution expenses that the other
divisions have.

Does anyone have an idea of their customer aquisition costs and churn
rates?

David M.

iKaiwa.com    http://iKaiwa.com
Japanese Mobile Contents Portal [ringing tones, greeting cards, homepage
community]
ClubTomo      http://ClubTomo.com   Club Community

CLICK!        http://ikaiwa.com/click/
Community for Linking Internet Companies in Kansai!