(keitai-l) load down on download

From: Hubert Hung-Hsien Chang <hubert_at_4w1h.com>
Date: 02/25/01
A lot of report is about the download of melody and cartoon charater
for the i-mode phone. And content providers charge you through the
mobile phone bill.

What is not clear to me is:

* How to you 'sign' in? I mean you down load it so the 'gateway'
in NTT DoCoMo knows it and register that you have access
chargable content from content providers and automatically bill you.
(with your permission by pressing the 'download ok' button?)

* You get the previeew of the melody and cartoon before you
downlaod, right? If so, then it is the 'save' button that
automatically charge you? ( assuming there is one.)

In the e-commerce world, we pucrhase from , say, amazon;
first we browse, select, then check out. When we check out,
we enter our personal data( including billing method.). These
info will be saved on the merchant side. Since NTT DoCoMo
charges for it, the 'personal data entering' part can be omitted.
But I assume (maybe wrong) there is at least one intermediate
step that they make sure it is you who is using the phone.
Otherwise, well, you guess it.

Other than the content charge, I know people are paying the
bill as well. I assuem there are two methods: one you pay
from one financial institute to another ( just like you
do in front of the PC) or you pay bill through the
NTT DoCoMo phone bill ( which I doubt it is the case here).
So is the 'payment' restricted to the payment for
content service and 'buying' stuff ( like beenie baby)
or only content service is charged this way but not
for other purchases.

And if purchasing other products ( such as books) is through
the other billing method, then it just falls back to the
same old e-commerce process.

Thank you.

Hubert