(keitai-l) Re: tech- User privacy on non-official sites

From: M. David <davidm1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 02/28/01
>In order to move user info from one page to another on Jphone and
>imode,
>I'm using form- get commands. However this creates a security
>problem when
>links to outside sites occur, as the user info can be seen in the
>http_referrer header.

After checking my log and phone... the imode and jphone browsers dont give
http_referrer info, so using post for imode, get for jphone and post for
all others may be enough.....

However, this brings up the question of accurately tracking where imode and
Jphone users are coming from, and how much traffic is generated from search
engines etc..

David

iKaiwa.com    http://iKaiwa.com
Japanese Mobile Contents Portal [ringing tones, greeting cards, homepage
community]
ClubTomo      http://ClubTomo.com   Club Community

CLICK!        http://ikaiwa.com/click/
Community for Linking Internet Companies in Kansai!