(keitai-l) Re: Cheap phone for two weeks

From: Jani PATOKALLIO <jpatokal_at_iki.fi>
Date: 03/06/01
Klaus Schulz wrote:
> Yes, She can buy one on a Tourist Visa.
>
> I bought some Phones from a TU-KA store in Shibuya for $39.- each.
> You can buy the "pretty service"  (prepaid cards) for $25.-or $50.-  and
> refill later from most any convenience store.

That's still over Y6000, not exactly the deal of the century...
remember, I can get the H" for about Y2700 ($27!).  I was thinking more
along the lines of abusing the bait-and-hook "new subscribers only"
Y1 phones on sale at all keitai shops.

But seeing those numbers in dollars did put things into perspective,
maybe it's not worth expending all the extra effort over a few bucks...
so thanks!  =)

Cheers,
--
Jani PATOKALLIO / jpatokal@iki.fi / +81 90 7722 3557
Sanpo Laboratory, Mechano-Informatics Dept., University of Tokyo