(keitai-l) Re: New 503i release dates

From: JAPON.NET <web_at_japon.net>
Date: 03/12/01
(SO503i Screen Specs)

on 01.3.12 1:14 AM, Hubert Hung-Hsien Chang at hubert@4w1h.com wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Marc Printz wrote:
>
>>> I think they can hold more than 10x10(10 char per line for 10 lines)
>> (...)
>>> With 120x 160 dots, you could hold a whole lot more. You only need
>>> 6x11 to hold a recognizable English char (space included), so with
>>> that, you can have 20(char)x14(lines).
>>
>> But then, these are i-mode devices for the Japanese market...with
>> Japanese character set :-)
>>
> Well, not really. The statistics I have seen on the brochure are actually
> showing the English character. Givne the duel mode they have,
> it will be put into consideration.  Also, they are heading for
> the global market. The 10x10 is probably for Japanese character.
> Hubert

(SO503i Screen Specs)
The 8x8, 10x9 text lines are for Japanese characters. That means 16x8 and
20x9 for western text. And with 120x160 dots that means that the default
text size is rather big, easy-to-see others would say.
The SO503i (and any others for that matter) is unlikely to be sold as-is in
any western market, but is is certainly good enough for demo purposes.

Vincent J. Luna, Director
--
JAPON.NET llc.: Making Your Company Visible in Japan
web_at_japon.net   http://www.japon.net/web/

iMode Eye: Independent Source on Japan's mBiz
http://www.japon.net/imode/