(keitai-l) Re: i-mode sites

From: <antonella.esteves_at_ftnetwork.com>
Date: 03/20/01
Gerhard,

Thanks so much for your response, it actually addresses my question very well.

Now, got more questions...you mention the trend to access non-menue sites is increasing. I suppose the ratio of official to unofficial sites is one of the drivers behind this...yet, how strong of a trend is it?  Do you think this one of the drivers behind DoCoMo's decision to 'relax' its policies towards the katte sites?
I suppose there is some kind of network effect that makes the wall-garden model less and less suitable for the long term...

Thanks indeed for your response.

Regards,
Antonella.

My guess is that this is one of those statements which can
lead to never ending email group discussions.

Essentially, there are around 1000 "official menu sites, and
an uncountable number of other sites (probably on the order
of 50,000 by now).

It will depend how you define "best used". In terms of traffic,
approx. 1/2 (trend decreasing) of the traffic goes to menue
sites and about 1/2 (trend increasing) to non-menue (katte) sites.

There are some excellent sites in both cathegories, so I guess
there are "excellently used" sites in both cathegories.

Personally I use both official and katte sites, and I guess
so do most other imode users.

Gerhard Fasol
http://www.eurotechnology.com/