(keitai-l) Re: Experimental keitai-l FAQ

From: Mika Tuupola <tuupola_at_appelsiini.net>
Date: 03/24/01
On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, Juergen Specht wrote:

> talking about an FAQ is nice, creating it is nicer :)

	Yes. Lets move this discussion off-list since I believe
	there are under 5 of us who are actually going to edit
	the faq.

	Some suggestiongs:

	1) If it is going to be a "KEITAI-L FAQ" it should be
	hosted at:

		 http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/

	2) Even though the automated RDBMS systems with web
	interfaces are nice theyre usually also quite annoying,
	so I suggest lets start with an old school hand edited
	faq such as:

		http://www.latech.edu/sunmanfaq.html

	3) The questions should be answered in the FAQ. The answer
	should not be only links to other resources. Links to other
	resources can still exist. Maybe with some short explanation
	first and then a link to a thread on archives or some other
	site.

	4) Since there possibly will be under 5 people editing it
 	updating can be simple. Add something to the faq and mail
	the updated one to me and I will put it online. If something
	fancy such as cvs is needed it can be set up later.

	5) for starters somekind of KEITAI-L FAQ working group
	should be set up. Discussion in separate list or simply
	CC:in to each other.

	I think there will be atleast me and Michael Turner and
	any other who has been interested.

	Mail any comments (like, "no we don't need another freaking
	faq" or "yes its a great idea, I would like to participate,
	I even have some great ideas!" ;)

--
Mika Tuupola                      http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/