(keitai-l) Re: Format of tel: URLs for i-mode

From: Ben Hutchings <ben.hutchings_at_roundpoint.com>
Date: 03/25/01
Patrick Conway wrote:
> Ben Hutchings wrote:
>
> > The proposed standard format for tel: URLs includes provision for a
> > whole lot of options that I don't believe i-mode handsets actually
> > support.
<snip>
> Where did you see this proposed standard format for tel: URLs? Could you
> provide a link?
> Sorry I can't answer your questions. This is the first time I heard about
> the proposed standard. It sounds interesting.

The proposed standard 'URLs for Telephone Calls' was published in RFC 2806
which can be found at <http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2806.txt>.  The
abstract says:

   This document specifies URL (Uniform Resource Locator) schemes "tel",
   "fax" and "modem" for specifying the location of a terminal in the
   phone network and the connection types (modes of operation) that can
   be used to connect to that entity. This specification covers voice
   calls (normal phone calls, answering machines and voice messaging
   systems), facsimile (telefax) calls and data calls, both for POTS and
   digital/mobile subscribers.