(keitai-l) Re: end of UK pre-pay glut?

From: Hubert Hung-Hsien Chang <hubert_at_4w1h.com>
Date: 03/26/01
This is an interesting story.

European probably use the mobile phone frequently and eventually
you have to raise the price tag. The other things I would guess
is, well, 3 G spectrum has costed them too much. Better start
to recoup the money early than later.

There was report from NTT DoCoMo a few weeks back saying the
Europe is probably not going to pay off on their 3G as
they have spent too much on spectrum and the same statment
is released from Japan Telcom. Both companies are the early
3G deployers ( except maybe in US, Sprint PCS is goign to
have CDMA2000 at the end of 2001. having 2000 in 2001. Hmm... :) )
and they are probably speaking from their current development
and budget. Not sure if the government will 'give the money back'
a little bit ( in some form) just to relax the short coming.

I guess it is along way to watch 'meaningful' size video
for a 120 min movie on the mobile phone at afford price.
(meaning, it costs like maybe $20( which is twice of the $10
movie ticket price in NYC.) a long , long way.

Hubert