(keitai-l) Re: So, will i-mode repeat its early successes in the Europeanmarket?

From: Andrea Hoffmann <ah_at_anima.de>
Date: 04/09/01
Jeff,

> Jeff Funk responds: I agree that the technical aspects of i-mode are
> overrated. Interestingly though Natsuno argues in his book i-mode
strategy
> that the key to i-mode's success is the use of c-html and other
so-called
> Internet compatible standards.

yes, but he also says that the reason for adopting HTML was not a
technical one -- they went with HTML because it was already a wide used
standard, in order to lower the entry barriers and allow content
providers to leverage their existing content services on the web for the
i-mode platform.

Cheers,
Andrea