(keitai-l) Re: difficulties of becoming an official i-mode site

From: Jani PATOKALLIO <jpatokal_at_iki.fi>
Date: 05/10/01
Daniel Helmer wrote:
> There have been reports DoCoMo are planning to expand the billing
> collection to unofficial sites, but how is that even possible? The 9%
> commission they charge doesn't even cover DoCoMo's costs to collect fees
> for the official sites

Whoah, can you back up this claim?  I would've thought that 27 yen
a month (for your average 300 yen/mo service) should be plenty to pay for
the ink of printing one extra line on your phonebill and the
few bytes of storage needed for the information.

Cheers,
--
Jani Patokallio (jpatokal@iki.fi) / HCI Lab, University of Tokyo
[漸] Soldered to the funk with a working class rupture