(keitai-l) Re: Mobile changes the world... No really!

From: Jani PATOKALLIO <jpatokal_at_iki.fi>
Date: 05/14/01
Michael Turner wrote:
> Yow.  This is getting eerily close to a science fiction
> story I keep procrastinating on: Tokyo crows being
> outfitted with electronic communications.

Science fiction it ain't -- there's a group of Todai scientists
trying to do exactly that.  Check out WIN's pages at
http://npowin.org, which is woefully short on the details and is in
Japanese only, but does have a PDF'd copy of a Nikkei article,
"Karasu no Seitai PHS de Tsuiseki":

  http://www.npowin.org/pdf/nikkei.pdf

Having had the pleasure of attending a lecture by WIN's head honcho,
my personal opinion is that they're a few Fruit Loops short of a
cereal bowl, but that can be said for most experimental research.
(Probably including mine.)

Cheers,
--
Jani Patokallio (jpatokal@iki.fi) / HCI Lab, University of Tokyo
[漸] Get with it, space ghost the force soul weapon