(keitai-l) Re: The 3G anti-hype

From: Jonathan Shore <jshore_at_e-shuppan.com>
Date: 05/18/01

I basically agree with your attitude towards 3G ("show me the money"),
however, do think 3G or no 3G streaming video (and other rich media), though
limited on keitai, will find applications and customers.

The success of streaming video will largely depend on cost, IMO, as
Christopher says. Granted MPEG-4 is on the order of 10x better than MPEG-2
and limited screen size will help further, still going to suck a lot of
bandwidth.  Anyone have any ballpark figures on likely pricing of 3G
bandwidth?

JS