(keitai-l) Re: SMS for ringing tones, screen savers and images

From: Jonas Petersson <Jonas.Petersson_at_adcore.com>
Date: 05/31/01
Mika Tuupola wrote:
> On Thu, 31 May 2001, Funk Jeffrey Lee wrote:
> > enhanced SMS technology so that users can download ringing
> > tones, screen savers, and images using SMS.
>
>         All of this has been quite Nokia centric though. And the
>         technology is not as sophisticated as with Japanese handsets.
>         The graphics are only 1 bit black and white imagese and the
>         ringingtones are just different buzzer sounds.

Actually, the format of the pictures supprot several bitplanes as well
as animations, but that phones do not (yet). The ringtines also supprot
for instance staccatto but very few phoens do. My 9110 does but my wifes
3210 doesn't. THis is all Nokia of course.

			/ Jonas
--
Jonas Petersson             E-mail: mailto:Jonas.Petersson@adcore.com
Web: http://www.adcore.com/ Tel: 011-244800    Fax: 011-244809