(keitai-l) iAppli dev/testing environment

From: Daniel McQuillen <danmcquillen_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 06/05/01
Thanks to all for the informative list. I risk
embarrasment here as I ask a newbie question (I've
looked in the archives...no, really, I have.):

Are desktop simulations -- such as i-Jade and
iEmulator -- the only recourse a would-be iAppli
developer has? Has anybody outside Japan actually
shipped a 50x phone over and monkeyed around with some
kind of direct connection (serial? parallel? USB?) for
testing? If this is possible, how does this set-up
differ from the experience someone in Japan connecting
normally would have? I bow to your collective wisdom.

Daniel