(keitai-l) Re: Dial thru iAppli

From: Zev Blut <zev_at_atc.yamatake.co.jp>
Date: 06/07/01
Hello,

For the F series phone (and probably all of them) the phones power button
works as the ultimate quit function.
Of course if you use this button instead of the programmer's provided quit
function the programmer will never know you are quitting and will not be
able to do any special quit logic.  Also if you "hard" quit in the F series
you get dropped down to the main screen instead of the i-appli menu.  This
can be annoying at times.

So I think it would be hard for a malicious programmer to really take over
your phone, except for exploiting implementation faults.  Such as the Sony
series allowing you to look into another i-appli's scratchpad.  Who knows
maybe there are more surprises people have not yet found!

Zev