(keitai-l) Re: i-mode in the UK

From: Paul Wallace <paul.wallace_at_adcore.com>
Date: 06/12/01
Laura,

Can't confirm or deny the availability of i-mode in Europe this month,
but there are a couple of inaccuracies in the Anywhereyougo article --
so I wouldn't put too much faith in the claim.

A couple of things I noticed in this article:

1. As was firmly pointed out to me by folks at both Access and DoCoMo,
the markup language of i-mode is not cHTML, it is "i-mode compatible
HTML". If you look at the elements and attributes list of the two, there
are many additions in i-mode.

2. JPEG exclusion is not because of HTML, but because of the browser or
the hardware. I would expect JPG and PNG support in i-mode's future.

3. Tables are not mentioned in the i-mode list of tags on DoCoMo's site,
but the N503i (and maybe others, I didn't look) has a menu option to
turn table support off (the default is "on") -- don't know why someone
would turn it off...

4. Background color (bgcolor) IS supported in i-mode HTML, text and link
also (in English: http://www.nttdocomo.com/i/tag/body2.html).

Paul