(keitai-l) Re: very urgent

From: Paul Lester <paul.lester_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 06/13/01
Since its urgent;

    I don't do Do-Ja, but with very simple programs you can convert
from JPEG-GIF-BMP, etc etc with some loss of quality (due to obvious
reasons), and sometimes odd file sizes (could be bad for i-appli if its over
10k and you want it in the jar, but GIF is a compressed format so you
should be fine).

    Try Windows MSPAINT.EXE (in accessories), or you can overkill with Photoshop.
On the Mac I used to use a program called GIF "something or other" years ago.
I suppose if you use Linux Redhat, you could try GIMP out.  There's other ways too.
Tons of them.

    I do image conversions all the time for debugging or promotions .
You get a screenshot bitmap and then someone wants it as a jpeg or gif for a
newspaper, etc etc.

    So unless all your images come in a JPEG's dynamically you shouldn't have
much trouble changing the format around.

Zev Blut wrote:

> Hello,
> Well in general they only support GIF and it is what must be supported in
> the DoJa API.
> Although, a few phones decided to also support jpeg such as the N503.
> I have not yet actually tested if the jpeg works via the API, has anyone
> done this yet?
>
> Zev

*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=
Paul Bryan Lester
LincMEDIA Inc
Layer-8 Technologies Inc
QA ENGINEER/Programmer etc etc