(keitai-l) Re: Men Talk More on Cellular Telephones, Survey Shows

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 06/15/01
Mobile Media Japan wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This article really made me wonder about the state of the cellular market in
> the US! As far as I have seen in Europe and in Japan, it are mostly young
> women that use keitai a lot, not men. A cellphone is regarded as a *girl's*
> best friend I would say... Now could this be because in America most young
> women do not own a phone yet!?

it is fiction that most Japanese users of mobile phones (keitai) are young
women! Thinking for a moment immediately reveals that this is unlogic:
there are more than 60 million subscribers of mobile phones in Japan, i.e.
almost 50% of Japan's population. There is no way that 50% of Japan's population
could all be young women - just think for a moment.

In actual fact, subscriptions & usage of mobile phones and imode and other
mobile internet services in Japan cover all sectors of Japan's society, old,
young, men, women, and even children (via their parents normally). DoCoMo
regularly publishes such statistics which confirm that all sectors of age
and gender are covered.

Gerhard Fasol
http://www.eurotechnology.com/